Jan 4, 2010

{day 4} mmmm....bao


mmmm....bao, originally uploaded by MaggieRDA.
There's this little hole-in-the-wall oriental store that looks a bit shady and unkempt (from the outside). It looks extremely unimpressive, a bit scary and, frankly, not a place you would expect to find delicious food.

Well, in this place in Sacramento (and don't ask me where it is, I only know how to get there, not exactly where "there" is address-wise) that I would GLADLY drive the hour ,to and from, after a hard days work to buy their pork buns. They are heaven in a glazed wonder. I *heart* them. Seriously. The last time Mike and I went there we brought home 2 dozen because we feared one wouldn't be enough. We kept track of how many each person had and not one of us dared to sneak an extra for fear of punishment. ;)

Well, in perusing Costco the other day I found these. No, they are not oriental-hole-in-the-wall heaven but they are quite delectable and today I called them LUNCH.

Processing: Shot with my fish-eye on my fixed 50mm, RAW, defog, resized, SFW and framed.

2 comments:

Annette said...

ummm...yummy! I love these!! You'll have to tell me next time you're in town and take me there!

reany365 said...

Love the pic. Don't know what a bao is though.