Jan 23, 2010

{day 23} rainbows, hail and clouds...oh my!

well, technically it HAILED that hard. It got louder and harder the longer I stood on my porch photographing it. then, as if a faucet was turned. Nothing. All gone. All quiet again.

{day 23} forever chasing rainbows
so I get a call from my hubby who's out and about with my son "you need to get over here...there's this REALLY BRIGHT rainbow!" I look out my back window and see a snippet of it. Next thing you know...I'm in my car with my slippers on chasing rainbows. I caught this pic of it just on the outskirts of vacaville in elmira.

{day 23} looming

Maybe I should call this week the week of clouds. the weather has been so crazy and the sky so beautifully strange I can't seem to NOT photograph it.
You can see a little bit of the town on the bottom of the pic.

7 comments:

Annette said...

The clouds were fantastic weren't they??

Pie for the Eye said...

Beautiful! Love love the thought of chasing a rainbow. :)

Julie said...

That rainbow is amazing! I don't think I have ever seen one that clear! Gorgeous pics :)

Unknown said...

That first shot is awesome!! I have a new camera and need tutoring .... (clearing throat) ...

Maggie said...

thanks. I'll tell ya Lisa...it's all about playing with different settings and taking LOTS of pictures. I had about 8 of the same shots and chose that one (same with the rainbow..the clouds was a one-shot deal). What kind of camera did you get?

Nessa said...

i want to jump on those clouds!

Unknown said...

I got a Rebel XSi ... Canon ... :)