Jan 10, 2007

Day 4

I think I'm addicted to leaf-less trees. (sigh) They're just so gorgeous sillouetted against the sky be it a sunrise, sunset, midday...anytime. This was taken at work about 11am while looking out our side window. I loved the cloud formation behind the tree AND I was able to use our offices Nikon D70. ;)

==============================


Okay Lulu, I accept your challenge to list


100 (gulp) things about myself.
  1. I'm adopted (found/ met my birthmom in '02)
  2. I'm my birthmoms only child; she never carried another baby to term.
  3. My favorite animals are sharks
  4. I want to visit Australia & Ireland
  5. I've never been outside of the United States
  6. My favorite color is purple
  7. I work in an Orthodontic office
  8. I've been an RDA for 17+ years.
  9. I've been with my hubby for 18 years, married 16 of those.
  10. I have a brother
  11. I'm a HUGE fan of Colin Hay/ Men at Work
  12. I met Colin Hay at a small nightclub way back in the 90's.
  13. I have a crush on Colin Firth and Hugh Jackman. (sigh)
  14. My son was born at 32 wks but was the size of a 24 weeker weighing 26.4 oz, 13 in. long.
  15. I've been pregnant 4 times but only have 2 children.
  16. My fathers father emmigrated from Portugal to Hawaii when King Kamehameha ruled.
  17. My ancestry is Irish/ German.
  18. My best friend and I have known each other since we were 2.
  19. I love to cartoon and am pretty good at it.
  20. I wish I lived near the ocean.
  21. I could swim for hours and hours....I'm part fish. (lol)
  22. My favorite author is Nora Roberts. I've read nearly everything she's written.
  23. I have to read every night to got to sleep.
  24. My favorite movie is Pride and Prejudice (BBC version).
  25. I love to put on headphones and BLAST rock and roll music.
  26. I know how to play the piano..
  27. the glockenspiel...
  28. the drums.....
  29. the guitar......
  30. & the contra-alto bass clarinet.
  31. I was in the Mare Island Naval Band
  32. I've done 8 musicals including Cabaret
  33. I'm in a Barbershop quartet
  34. and a Barbershop chorus
  35. I'm afraid of heights
  36. and of fire
  37. My favorite tv shows are Monk
  38. ...NCIS
  39. ...Two and a half men
  40. I have 8 cameras and only 2 work
  41. I'm a pack rat (see above statement)
  42. I've been meaning to enter the photo contest in our town for the last 20 years, never have.
  43. I used to be a gymnist
  44. I broke my arm ice skating
  45. I believe in God, was raised Catholic but don't go to church
  46. I used to go to Catholic school.
  47. The friends I have now have been my friends for nearly 30 years.
  48. I'm afraid to fly
  49. I collect cow stuff
  50. ...and shark stuff
  51. I've been to Las Vegas 3 times
  52. I love to get in the car and drive
  53. I'm an aspiring writer
  54. I make things with beads (braclets, earrings...ect)
  55. I paint
  56. I sew (no clothes just everything else!)
  57. I hate doing the laundry
  58. I despise dusting
  59. I can crochet quite well
  60. I can't knit to save my life
  61. I know CPR
  62. I've ridden in an ambulance at least 4 times
  63. I LOVE roller coasters
  64. I hate spinning rides
  65. I practically live at Target
  66. I've had to use the heimlich manuever on my daughter
  67. I had to use a form of CPR on my son
  68. I was hit by a car as a child and walked away with a scratch
  69. I'm not a democrat nor rebublican...but am conservative
  70. I wear glasses
  71. I have a cure for hiccups that always works.
  72. I've worked at 4 fast food restaurants and a gas station before getting my RDA
  73. The thought of driving in San Francisco terrifies me.
  74. I don't like big cities (see above statement)
  75. I love Monterey...
  76. ...Carmel
  77. ...Lake Tahoe
  78. I'm addicted to YouTube (hahaha)
  79. I have another blog
  80. I usually don't get enough sleep
  81. I'm a germophobe!!
  82. I want to run my own business
  83. I'm bad at math
  84. I changed my major in college 3 times
  85. I have enough credits in music to get my AA in music
  86. I would LOVE, love, love to go in a shark cage and swim with sharks
  87. I have a loud laugh
  88. my laugh, at times, resembles Betty Rubble
  89. I have dimples
  90. I cut my own hair
  91. I loved being pregnant
  92. I'm not as patient as I wish I was
  93. I play video games
  94. I wanted to be a Marine Biologist but Math got in the way (haha)
  95. I can't believe I've thought of this much STUFF about me!
  96. I'm on the computer (on my days off) 5 + hrs a day
  97. I took 281 photos of my son when he was in the hospital for 5.5 weeks
  98. My best achievement is having my children
  99. My hero is my Dad
  100. My Dad has Alzheimers

9 comments:

Betty "CC" Gray said...

These trees are awesome. Keep em coming! :-)

Lisa Monistere said...

Sky is fabulous.

Amy (3 Peas) said...

LOVE the photo- I'm with you on bare trees :)

GINALYNN "INDIA" said...

Beautiful shot, love the color of the sky.

I'm fascinated that you like sharks so much. Really.....you'd go in one of those shark cages.....WOW I love the ocean, grew up fishing.

Maggie said...

I would gina...in a hot second. Don't get me wrong, I'm not swimming free-for-all with sharks. I want SOME level of protection! ;) I think they're just gorgeous creatures.

Lulu said...

Oh that was a lovely read. My grandmother had Alzheimer's and passed away 2 years ago (from other medical problems). ((HUgs)) I know it's really tough.

What's your cure for hiccups? ;)

Jen said...

That you'd go in with sharks amazes me... I am sooo scared of them!

I'd love to know your cure for hiccups.. I could have used it two days ago!

And man oh man I wish I could hear your laugh! :D

Maggie said...

ahem..cure for hiccups:
Get something to drink...water, soda...whatever. Put a straw in it. (here's the tricky part) plug your nose AND ears at the same time (I usually plug my ears with my thumbs, nose with my forefingers) and drink, drink, drink. Works like a charm. ;)

Maggie said...

Oh you'd HEAR my laugh waaaaaay before you ever saw me coming Jen. :D I can't MAKE myself laugh like Betty Rubble...it just happens.
Lulu, Thanks for the hugs...My Dads sister is in the final stages of alzhiemers, he's been slowly going downhill for about 7 years now. The blessing is he hasn't forgotten people yet, usually pieces of his recent past and whatever he just said. He repeats stories/ sentences all the time. I just nod like I hadn't heard it already.