Apr 16, 2007

****Day 100****

This weeks theme..."what makes you..you."
Part of what makes me, me is singing baritone in Sweet Adelines. Above you seen LOTS of glitter and glitz; that is a definate trait of a Sweet Adeline.
There's my registered quartet pin, the bracelet I wore onstage in a quartet comptetition, my part pin (BARI), music staff and treble clef pin, Chorus pin, earrings I wore in competition with my chorus and of course...my medals; 2 1st place, once second place and three third place medals I have another 2nd place medal but it's in a frame with my chorus picture from last year. The fourth place medal (dark one) we won at an International competition (in San Antonio, Texas) against the winning midsize choruses from around the world...and we placed 4th. Not bad! Everything is laying on my choruses traveling shirt. Kind of like a uniform; our whole chorus wears the same outfit so we can be indentified in a crowd (which...there always is when Sweet Adelines gather).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow Maggie!!! I keep learning new things about you!!

Sher Johnson said...

love it!!
I was thinking your singing would come out this week somehow...
PS cool your b-moms bday is april too...I was thinking of all the things we have in common one day...we could write a list my friend!!!

Heather said...

Oh how cool Maggie! Are the charms medals you get from performing?

Jess said...

This is soooo cool! I had no idea you were a singer!!!! Great photo! I already love this challenge and we're just starting this week!

Holly said...

wow! Maggie. That is SO great! I had no idea. What a great pic to show off your accomplishments!

Holly said...

BTW, Congrats on DAY 100!!!!!!!

jessstephkylesmom said...

WOW that is so neat!!!

Maggie said...

The medals are given to us on a ribbon (blue 1st place, red 2nd, white 3rd). You're allowed to wear the ribbon for a full year (which we do at Regional gatherings and singouts). After a year you either need to hang up your ribbon or you can remove the medalion from the ribbon and wear it on a pin like I have. Then you just add up the medals as you (if you) get them. :)

Sara said...

That's awesome! I'd love to get into a Sweet Adelines group someday. It always looks like the people who participate have so much fun with it!