Mar 30, 2007

Day 83

Well...it is a landmark...to us.
These palm trees line the old entrance into CMF; California Medical Facility.
It's a huge, huge prison built way back in 1955. My dad was on staff there for years until he retired in 1986 (three months later he un-retired and worked at Folsom Prison for 5 years, when he finally really retired at 65). I went there a couple of times with my Dad as a kid and it scared the bejeebers out of me. They stamped my hand with ink you could only see with a blue light so I didn't wash my hands the whole time I was there for fear of washing off the stamp.
~~~~-~~~~
Charles Manson spent a large chunk of his sentence here until he "caught on fire" and was later transferred to San Quinten. My Dad remembered dealing with Manson and didn't have much to say about him except that he was a bozo. (I love my Dad's lingo.)
~~~~-~~~~
CMF is, basically, what I see out of my window at work every, single day.


The Vaca Hills....(sigh) I love these hills. When you see a long stretch of them it's almost like someone lay a huge, green blanket over a giant who's sleeping. In this photo the hills are directly behind CMF.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Those are beautiful rolling hills! So green.

Sher Johnson said...

i was just watching a show last night about CA corrections...apparently CA houses the most criminals than any other state in this country!

love the thought of a sleeping giant under the green blanket :)

Heather said...

The Vaca hills are absolutely gorgeous! I could stare at that photo for hours!