Mar 26, 2007

Day 79

Last minute addition...saw this through the window and had to capture it.


The challenge for this week is "local landmarks" so here we go.

~~-~~

Anyone in/ around Vacaville knows about Buck Avenue. On Buck Avenue sits the Buck Mansion along with many,many other beautiful, huge, and quite old mansions. It's an old, old neighborhoood where, up until the 90's, our annual parade went down. When I was in the marching band in High School we marched down the path you see till it curved around and returned back to the High School. I miss having the parade on this street. The big, old trees that shaded you and people filled up their wrap-around porches and sat on their blankets on their front lawn to watch the parade. The new parade route has NO shade, is very wide and has no personality to it whatsoever. This is what happens when a town grows up.


A pic from back when of our Vacaville Museum that sits on Buck Avenue, to give you an idea of the architecture of the Buck houses.


5 comments:

~ Natalie~ said...

Great pictures. I love the detail of the water drops on the leaf!

Jess said...

As usual, beautiful shots! I LOVE the leaf picture you added as well.

Heather said...

I love the leaf with the beaded water droplets. Beautiful! Maggie, your photos are amazing!

Amanda said...

I was hoping for the Vacaville outlets, but this is just as nice ;-) I also love the leaf- it's a gorgeous addition.

Maggie said...

LOL...oh I stay FAR away from the outlets (((shudder))).