Mar 22, 2010

march 22: Dads shirts

(yeah, two post for the same day. I thought they each deserved their own spot)

march 22: Dads shirts, originally uploaded by MaggieRDA.
"For half a century, the Aloha shirt has been Hawai'i's most enduring and visible greeter and ambassador - like the lei, the Aloha shirt is worn as a statement of one's love for, and connection to, a most special place." -Tommy Holmes

I know this to be true with my Dad and his shirts. They were all bought in Hawai'i and some are well over 40 years old (easily). I know the red one was custom made in Hawai'i for my Dad. My mom had a dress to match and that was way before us kids...back in the 50's.

If I think about it...I can look at each shirt and remember him in it. Where he wore it and what we were doing.

1 comments:

Annette said...

Just beautiful! I love the variety!