Aug 16, 2007

Day 226 - Vintage; wedding gown





my poor wedding gown (and veil). 17 years old. never dry cleaned and preserved.
has a small tear in it and stains from party goers at my wedding
spilling on my dress (near the bottom) as we danced at our reception.
yet I love it. I love that the very last time it was worn was at my wedding reception.
I love that I remember how it was torn and who tore it (quite by accident).
I love that I remember the complete and utter happiness I felt that day.
it was the most fun I ever had.


3 comments:

Tanya said...

That is so beautiful what you wrote. I didnt dry clean mine either(only been 8 years for me so far) but i love how it still tells a story. :0)

jessstephkylesmom said...

I love the story behind this!!!

Sher Johnson said...

beautiful dress/shots & memories!!