May 6, 2007

Day 120 - memorabilia

memories of childhood...
Dolls I played with endlessly. I snuck them out of my moms curio. They're pure porcelain and quite old.

Painting that hung in my room. It really creeped me out. Still does. It's painted on green velvet and like most of the paintings in our house it was painted by an inmate. Apparently the clown represented his alcholic father and the monkey in the wedding gown represented his mother. Yeah, not your usual painting to hang in a childs room.

This is not from my childhood, I just liked it. My parents had it for YEARS and years before they finally hung it up. I believe they found this in Hawaii.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Yikes...that middle one is creepy! I LOVE the bottom photo...very pretty!

Heather said...

ACK! That painting would TOTALLY have given me the creeps as a kid! My grandma had a freaky one of Jesus in her basement that I'd always stick a shirt over when I stayed at her house! LOL!

Jess said...

The clown painting scares me, too! I LOVE the last photo....is that a natural background or did you add it in photoshop?

Maggie said...

No, that's my parents outside wall..no photoshop.

Holly said...

Awesome pics. That clown is creepy. I had a clown painting in my room as a kid too. But that one is just crazy! Wow.

Anna said...

Did your parents have a soft spot for paintings done by inmates? Yikes. The clown is very freaky.

Erica said...

OK, that creaped ME out...whew!